Converted from a Victorian carriage house, Tallis Coach House is tucked away in a quiet lane in the centre of Wargrave village. The property has been refurbished over the years and is now surprisingly spacious with flexible accommodation. There are high ceilings throughout, a wealth of character and period features, large amounts of storage, a garage, parking and a charming courtyard garden. Wargrave Station is half a mile away as are local shops. EPC Rating E.
Tallis Coach House is located in the historic village of Wargrave, which was mentioned in the Domesday Book, and has a restaurant, three pubs and a local shop. Wargrave is also home to an annual summer Regatta which is held on the River Thames which flows past the village. Wargrave railway station is one stop from Twyford, with a fast service to London, Paddington (from 27 minutes) with Crossrail allowing direct access to the City, Canary Wharf, the West End and Heathrow from 2020. The centre of Twyford is less than 2 miles distant and has local amenities including a Waitrose. The riverside town of Henley-on-Thames (4 miles) has superb facilities including individual coffee shops and restaurants, a fine variety of shops and is home to the world famous Regatta. Connection to the M4 (J8) via the A404M is approximately 5 miles distant providing access to Heathrow (20 miles) and the motorway network. There is an excellent and varied selection of schooling in the area including the Piggott School within half a mile. There are miles of walking in the surrounding countryside and rowing and boating on the River Thames.
• Steps lead up to the front door and into the entrance hall
• Elegant 23' long sitting room with open fire, double aspect, bay window
• Archway from hall leading to dining area and kitchen, triple aspect with glass doors opening onto secluded courtyard garden.
• Kitchen, fitted with range of painted wall and floor cabinets, feature 'coach house' window, space for dishwasher, fridge freezer, gas oven and hob, granite work surfaces
• Inner hall enclosed by maple double doors, additional glass sliding doors into the garden (this area could be independent of the main house and include the double bedroom, mezzanine level bedroom with storage and cloakroom/wet room). Entrance to wine cellars.
• Family room with French windows to garden, window seat with view over garden
• Mezzanine level with storage
• Study/bedroom 4
• Cloakroom with wet room
• Stairs to first floor with all rooms having cathedral ceilings:
• Master bedroom suite with vaulted ceiling, dressing room and newly refurbished en-suite bathroom with underfloor heating
• Second dressing room with fitted wardrobes
• Two further double bedrooms, both with wardrobes
• Family bathroom
• Balcony of approx. 12ft x 10 ft
• Utility area enclosing plumbing for washing machine.
From Backsideans, a no-through road, there is access to the garage with further parking for two cars side by side under the car port. A gate leads to the rear garden which is paved and is a lovely, private area. There are tumbling climbers, raised beds with perennial flowers and a fine wisteria winding up the southern elevation. A path leads to a further decked area with a summer house and outdoor dining area.
All mains connected. Gas fired central heating.
Wokingham Borough Council,
Through our in house Conveyancing team, we can ensure ease and efficiency for a competitive, no-sale, no-fee quote. Ask us for a quote today.
These particulars are a general guide only. They do not form part of any contract. Services, systems and appliances have not been tested.
In accordance with HMRC Anti Money Laundering Regulations a buyer(s) must attend our office to provide Photo Identification and Proof of Address (valid in last 3 months) once a sale is agreed.
We endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, however, they do not constitute or form part of an offer or any contract and none is to be relied upon as statements of representation or fact. Any services, systems and appliances listed in this specification have not been tested by us and no guarantee as to their operating ability or efficiency is given. All measurements have been taken as a guide to prospective buyers only, and are not precise. Please be advised that some of the particulars may be awaiting vendor approval. If you require clarification or further information on any points, please contact us, especially if you are traveling some distance to view. Fixtures and fittings other than those mentioned are to be agreed with the seller.
Use the below to add in your deposit, expected interest rate and repayment period to see what your payments could be.Book a mortgage appointment
YOUR PROPERTY MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE. Embrace Financial Services usually charges a fee for mortgage advice. The amount of the fee will depend upon your circumstances and will be discussed and agreed with you at the earliest opportunity.